To make the heart beat right
The heart is the “motor” that makes our body work without weekends and breaks. It is not surprising that this very body often needs current or even major “repair”.
- Heart diseases are dangerous because they are one of the main causes of mortality in the population. Moreover, if in the world every fourth person dies from these diseases, in America – every second.
If the pressure is not like an astronaut
- When I try to sleep on my left side, my heart starts to work like a puncher – at first I even thought that the neighbors below were crushing the wall. What could it be? – Described as tachycardia or palpitations with left ventricular enlargement. It is necessary to be examined to determine the exact cause and correct the work of the heart. This is not dangerous in itself, but it can lead to heart failure and other complications. That is why, in case of hypertension, it is necessary to bring high blood pressure back to normal in a timely manner so that the heart does not increase in size and its functionality is not impaired. – Please tell me how to protect yourself from heart disease? What examinations do you need to undergo?
- You need to start with a home blood pressure measurement. If you feel pain in the chest or in the area of the heart, you need to see a doctor, do an EKG. A biochemical blood test should be checked – cholesterol and its fractions to see if there is an indirect threat of coronary artery disease, which may be caused by atherosclerosis. For a more detailed examination of the heart, the use of echocardiography is effective, which allows you to check the structure of the heart, valve function, contractility and other parameters. Modern methods include CT coronary angiography, which determines the degree of blood flow disturbance. There are methods of functional diagnostics that can be intermediate – the first manifestations of violations can be checked using stress tests – for example, bicycle ergometry or a treadmill, daily ECG monitoring.
- When to start monitoring your blood pressure? – If there is evidence, then from childhood. But even if there are no problems, you should undergo an annual medical examination. As a rule, in men, problems begin at the age of 40 – 45, in women – after 55. At this age, you need to begin to control the situation – to regularly measure blood pressure. But this does not mean that you cannot get a myocardial infarction in your youth. For example, there is a high risk of developing myocardial infarction in young women with a combination of two factors – smoking and taking hormonal contraceptives. In addition, early heart attacks and strokes can be the result of a genetic predisposition, that is, hereditary. – Everyone knows that smoking is bad for the heart. What about electronic cigarettes? – Less information has been accumulated on electronic cigarettes, but the trend is the same – atherosclerosis and hypertension develop more often. Among smokers, the death rate from cardiovascular diseases is twice as high . – I am 79 years old, and I have atrial fibrillation. I have been drinking three drugs for three years, but there’s no point … – You are getting good treatment. Atrial fibrillation or atrial fibrillation gives rise to dangerous complications – thrombosis and strokes. The fact that these diseases did not develop is just a consequence of the three-year use of these drugs. Since atrial fibrillation is more than three years old, it is a permanent form. In this situation, you need to reach a normal heart rate so that the heart rate is 60 – 70 beats per minute. If, with the prescribed medication, you manage to reach these numbers – well, the treatment is correct. – I wore a holter * for 24 hours, which showed 8568 ventricular extrasystoles. Tell me, please, what does this indicator mean? – You have more extrasystoles than a healthy person should have. It can be associated with emotional stress as well as functional heart disease. You definitely need to see a cardiologist to establish the exact cause. If the indicator persists, shortness of breath and other ailments may subsequently appear.
- In my environment there are people with heart disease. Please tell us how to provide first aid? – It depends on what kind of heart disease your loved one has. The most common cases of poor health are high blood pressure, chest pain and tachycardia. With pain in the heart, especially if it is pressing, squeezing, burning, you need to immediately stop the load – let the person sit down or, even better, get up. If the pain persists within 1 to 2 minutes, give a nitroglycerin tablet to dissolve. If pain persists, take 250 to 500 milligrams of aspirin. Five minutes after the first nitroglycerin tablet, you can take the second, after another five minutes – the third. If in 15 minutes the pain still does not go away, urgently call the ambulance team.
With an increase in blood pressure, you need to calm the person down, measure the pressure and pulse. Give a drug that can quickly lower blood pressure, but not more than 20-25%. Then, slowly and gradually, it is necessary to reduce the high blood pressure to the norm, which is less than 140/90 mm Hg. Art. You cannot take pill after pill – this can lead to a sharp drop in blood pressure and further worsen the patient’s condition.
If the condition is accompanied by shortness of breath, severe arrhythmia, you should immediately call an ambulance. If a person has lost consciousness, the heart has stopped, it is necessary to perform an indirect heart massage and artificial respiration before the arrival of doctors.
Of course, cardiac arrest is the most critical situation. Don’t want to run into her? There are several simple rules: prevention, early early detection of cardiovascular diseases, referral to a doctor and serious implementation of his recommendations. Be healthy!
- Hello, a year ago I was diagnosed with hypertension, my normal pressure is 135/80 pulse within the normal range, but it often rises to 160 and the lower pressure also rises to 90-100. I don’t really feel pressure, but there are unpleasant sensations, I was first prescribed andipal pills, but they did not help me, can you advise good pressure pills? I am now 27 years old. – An increase in diastolic or “lower” blood pressure requires further examination, primarily to exclude kidney disease. The drug Andipal for the treatment of hypertension is not optimal. There are a lot of medicines and they all have their own purpose, more often they are taken in combination. An adequate prescription should be made by a doctor, preferably a cardiologist, on the basis of a medical examination. At your age, it is especially important to do everything on time in order to avoid unnecessary consequences of the development of a serious illness. – Hello, please tell me there is a burning sensation in my chest in the middle, and how short of air, I can’t stand the heat. There was tachycardia, drank magnesium B6, did ultrasound of the heart, without pathologies. is it dangerous? I’ve got a heart problem? – Burning sensation and lack of air are most typical for coronary heart disease, especially since you experience an increase in heart rate. This is a serious medical condition. At the initial stages of the disease, echocardiography (ultrasound of the heart) may not show significant abnormalities. In this case, complications such as myocardial infarction may develop. Therefore, you urgently need to consult a cardiologist. The doctor will prescribe an additional examination and make the right appointments to prevent the consequences. – Tell me, examinations on the exam are coming soon, what drugs or folk remedies would you recommend? – Best of all, before the exams, the correct organization of the work and rest schedule will support. It is very important for the body to recover from the emotional stress of the day, a sufficient amount of sleep at night. If the excitement still remains, you can take the extract and tincture of valerian or motherwort tincture at night. When nervousness persists in this case, you need to consult a doctor. I wish you successful exams! – After taking alcohol, even in small quantities, I wake up at night and feel a rapid heartbeat of 100-106 beats, in an hour or two everything goes away, tell me why such a reaction? This is dangerous? – Everyone has their own idea of “small” amounts of alcohol. For some, it may be completely contraindicated. Depending on the dose consumed, alcohol can cause symptoms of alcoholic cardiomyopathy. Even small doses can sometimes trigger the development of certain heart diseases. To control your own body, I can recommend that you do an ECG and consult a cardiologist. Moreover, if this has not been observed before, now is the time to prevent the development of heart disease. – Hello, Conclusion of an ultrasound of the heart: there is a zone of fibrosis along the posterior wall of the aorta. How dangerous is it? – Fibrosis itself is not dangerous. But the presence of such a wording in the conclusion of an ultrasound scan may indicate a sign of heart disease. But what kind of disease it is and at what stage the doctor will say, preferably a cardiologist, during the consultation and on the basis of additional research. Even if the disease is just beginning and the heart as a whole can be considered healthy, you are still shown systematic monitoring of blood pressure and cholesterol metabolism. Timely normalization of these indicators will be a good prevention of the development of the disease. – Tell me, please, I have constant tinnitus, maybe it is caused by heart problems? – Tinnitus can be caused by various health problems. And they are, if the noise is really constant. First of all, you need to exclude ENT diseases. See an otorhinolaryngologist. If no pathology is detected, then it is necessary to consult with a therapist or cardiologist. Tinnitus can also be caused by high blood pressure. * Holter is an apparatus that records an electrocardiogram of the rhythm of the heart during the day in order to identify violations characteristic of ischemic disease.