Berries not only have a pleasant taste, but also have benefits for heart activity and vascular health. Stress at work and at home, as well as chronic lack of sleep, ultimately impose on human health. His heart stops working in the same rhythm, and the vessels become weaker and clogged with slags. Therefore, berries are used as therapy and prevention, from which a variety of dishes can be prepared.
Why are they so important to cardiovascular health? The benefits of these products are great for the human body. They contain minerals and vitamins necessary for an active lifestyle and maintaining the health of the heart and blood vessels.
Eating berries is one of the most important components of a healthy diet. These foods are recommended to be combined with other heart-healthy foods to double their effect. Freshly picked fruits are considered the most useful, but freezing them is also allowed, since all useful substances remain even in ice-covered berries. Thus, they can be stored all year round and protect you from disease. The benefits of berries lie in the presence of substances that serve as antioxidants for our body. The following substances in the composition of berries are considered especially useful for cardiac activity:
1.Quercetin in the product. This substance reduces inflammation, improves heart rate and restores memory.
2. The presence of vitamin C. This vitamin is responsible for maintaining collagen, which protects the health of blood vessels, heart and joints. In addition, vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that slows down the aging process of the body.
3. Anthocyanins. The berries are brightly colored thanks to this powerful antioxidant. The substance helps to strengthen muscles, including the heart, which is why it is so highly appreciated by medical experts and recommended for use in any form of berries.
For those people who care about heart health, but at the same time consume a small amount of water, berries are its substitutes, since they contain a lot of liquid. Folic acid, as well as fiber found in many berries, helps to lower cholesterol levels and normalize blood pressure.
Jam and jam made on the basis of berries are not beneficial for humans, since all substances and mineral compounds are lost during heat treatment. And sugar is the main enemy of the cardiovascular system.
With the undeniable benefits of eating berries, they also have contraindications, like any other product. Excessive consumption should not be allowed, as this can harm the digestive system and cause allergic reactions on the human body.
Tooth enamel often does not withstand the acids in these products and can deteriorate over time.
8 berries with medicinal properties There are many berries that are useful for heart activity, which not only protect it from the occurrence of severe pathologies, but also fill the body with vigor and useful trace elements, without which a person cannot lead an active lifestyle. Therefore, the property of each berry must be studied in order to further decide on its introduction into the diet.
Raspberries are a storehouse of vitamins. It contains useful sugars: glucose and fructose, which do not create toxins in the vascular system.
Iodine in its composition fights against anemia and the development of atherosclerosis, and also tunes the heart to the correct rhythm.
Each raspberry contains beta-sitosterol. This substance helps to eliminate cholesterol from the walls of blood vessels. The phytosterols contained in these berries reduce the risk of atherosclerosis by several times, thus prolonging human longevity.
Potassium salts also have a beneficial effect on the elimination of signs of arrhythmia and effectively relieve nervous tension. This product is consumed both fresh and frozen.
2. Cranberries Cranberries contain a large number of trace elements and vitamins for an active lifestyle. This product has a positive effect on the state of the cardiovascular system.
Cranberry removes excess cholesterol and is an antioxidant for the human body. It lowers blood pressure and strengthens the walls of blood vessels.
This berry contains almost the entire periodic table, therefore it is recommended for various diseases associated with cardiovascular activity.
3. Bilberries Bilberries are famous for various medicinal properties from restoration of vision to help in cardiovascular diseases. This is due to the high content of anthocyanins.
These substances are capable of converting bad cholesterol into good cholesterol, which is important for healthy blood circulation.
Scientists have found that this berry has anti-ischemic and antiarrhythmic effects. Blueberries are capable of lowering high blood pressure by several units, which means that they can be used for people suffering from hypertension.
4. Strawberries Strawberries contain useful sugars as well as carotene. It is recommended to be used for preventive measures against atherosclerosis and against hypertension.
The juice squeezed from these berries effectively copes with the elimination of excess cholesterol and helps to normalize blood flow in the body.
Strawberries make the blood thinner than they help the heart to do its job. This berry is a preventive product against atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease.
5. Kalina Mankind got acquainted with the viburnum more than a thousand years ago. These berries are often used to normalize the state of pressure, as well as with identified arrhythmias. The heart rate is beaten, and it can be restored using medications and viburnum.
The substance in its composition called viburnin has a general strengthening effect on the body and makes the walls of blood vessels strong.
The amount of vitamin C in the product is several times higher than in many citrus fruits. Therefore, viburnum should be consumed both as a separate food and when added to various dishes. 4 facts about the effect of viburnum on the heart, see here.
6. Grapes Grapes, as well as products prepared on its basis, have been used in the preparation of various decoctions and other folk remedies to maintain heart health.
Its benefits are due to the presence of grape sugar. For people suffering from high blood pressure, grapes improve its ratio in the body and bring the heart rate to a stable rhythm.
As a result of regular consumption of this berry, the pulse becomes even, and breathing is deep, which leads to a gradual improvement of cardiac activity in the body.
7. Blackthorn On a blackthorn, not only berries are useful, but also leaves, as well as branches and bark.
This plant has collected all vitamins and minerals necessary for the body.
Blackthorn berries have a peculiar taste. They contain a large amount of useful compounds and vitamins to maintain an active lifestyle and cleanse blood vessels from excess cholesterol. For hypertensive patients, blackthorn is of particular interest, since its use, as an independent type of food or when added to other dishes, helps to lower blood pressure.
This product is recommended for those people who wish to improve the condition of blood vessels and blood flow.
8. Chokeberry and red mountain ash Chokeberry is rich in various types of vitamins, as well as useful substances: tocopherol, beta-carotene, fluorine, iron and other microelements.
This product is the leader in iodine content in berries. Iodine cleans blood vessels and affects not only the cardiovascular, but also the endocrine system.
Since the fruits of chokeberry are high in vitamin C, it benefits all organs in the human body, including the heart.
Red-flowered mountain ash is also used in folk medicine. If you take it with medications, then you can achieve high results in maintaining heart health and protecting blood vessels, as well as getting rid of anemia.
8 more foods that need to be included in your diet Berries are a real storehouse of vitamins for the heart and blood vessels, but they should not be eaten in large quantities. To maintain this effect, you need to eat right. This is achieved by a competent diet, in which the following foods should be present:
1.Fruits for heart health. Fruits, especially persimmons and bananas, contain potassium. This substance strengthens the walls of blood vessels and the heart muscle. In addition to potassium, they contain a large number of beneficial trace elements. Pomegranate and lemon contain vitamin C, which strengthens the body and promotes proper blood circulation in the human body.
2. Introduction to the diet of vegetables. Eating vegetables such as peppers, pumpkin, and garlic and onions can reduce the likelihood of myocardial infarction and coronary heart disease. It has long been known that vegetarians have cleaner blood vessels than those who abuse meat. In addition, such a set of nutrients, which is found in garlic and onions, is contained only in these products. They not only improve the work of the heart, but also fight infectious diseases and strengthen the immune system.
3.Dried fruits and nuts. For decades, people have noticed the benefits of dried fruits such as raisins, dried apricots and others, since the content of vitamins and potassium in them is several times higher than in fresh berries. This makes them useful for the vital functions of the body. Nuts are able to strengthen the heart muscle, so they are used to improve the functioning of the heart and its correct rhythm. Healthy nuts include walnuts and peanuts.
4.Drinks. Wine should be present in small quantities. Substances in its composition, called polyphenols, can improve blood flow and increase hemoglobin levels. Green tea is known to be an antioxidant and removes harmful substances from the body, while dilating blood vessels. Juices such as pomegranate or grape juice cleanse the body of toxins, fill it with vitamins and microelements. Recent studies have shown that coffee significantly reduces the risk of heart attacks. This is the drink of long-livers.
5. Honey in the daily diet. To strengthen the myocardium and restore blood glucose levels, the body needs natural substances that make up honey. This product helps to cleanse blood vessels and restore heart rate, and also improves mood.
6. Fish products. Not every fish is healthy. Smoked fish products are contraindicated, but fatty fish such as trout or salmon have omega-3, a substance without which healthy heart function and immune defense against viruses cannot be.
7 bitter chocolate This food is useful because it contains cocoa beans, which have a beneficial effect on strengthening the heart muscle. The more natural chocolate in a product, the more important it is for the body, because it contains the beneficial substances theobromines and caffeines.
Also check out the infographic:
Now let’s talk about what to avoid.
What should you give up? Some foods are not suitable for daily consumption. Therefore, they should be gradually eliminated from the diet. They negatively affect the heart and interfere with its proper functioning.
These foods include:
pastries and sweet pastries;
smoked sausages and fish;
fast food products.